Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's the Tuesday After the First Monday In November!

Know what that means? I hope so. And I hope you voted as well. I wish I could say I did, but in the rush of preparing for college I neglected to register for an absentee ballot. This is, of course, being rectified as soon as I get back to the lovely state of Ohio. In the mean time, however, I am eager to see some of the results for some governor elections.


With the President and his Vice President on their seemingly never ending campaign trail, I want to see if they actually affected anything but the airspace restrictions that follow them everywhere they go. Will New Jersey stay blue? Or have the crazy right wing extremists (read: people who flat out disagree with liberals) gotten enough of the blue collar voters to come out today? Will the purple state of Virginia become more red?
To tell the truth, I kind of hope every election goes red right now. I want to see the reaction of Dems everywhere to see that as a warning. Unfortunately, I believe if the Republicans and conservatives rally too early, then the people of this country will have half-assed legislation forced down our throats. This is one of those times where we must tread carefully, at least until it is too late for the extremists in Congress to act.
I also want to see the outcome of the vote on gay marriage that is happening in Maine today. Will it become the first state that the voters choose to allow gay marriage? Or will they shoot it down, causing what would be a serious setback for the proponents of gay rights?
Questions, questions. Well? What do you think?
As always, I do not own the rights to the photo, and in no way intended to infringe on any copyright.

2 comments:

  1. I as well have neglected to re-register in my current locale, so you're not alone! One idea I've had on Congress is, in order to encourage more cooperation between the parties, to have every piece of legislation require not a total majority, but that percentage of both parties' support. I do understand that this makes control of the House or Senate useless and that nothing would ever be done, but sometimes I think that we'd be better off if Congress never, in fact, did anything. I am also glad to see that you're a proponent of gay marriage! As always, thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. still hiding from the world, I just didnt know there were elections going on. Lame excuse i know, but I have too many personal issues at the moment. I will try to to look outside more and watch the world go to hell.

    i did hear on monday that barak is helping the foreign terrorists get h1n1 vaccines. Dont want them to dislike us. I made a post on that. But Im probably wrong again

    ReplyDelete