Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'd Like to Give a Shout-Out


First of all, my thoughts and prayers are with those who have been affected by the Fort Hood shooting. This is a horrible attack, and those responsible will pay. I still have confidence in our military.

Now...

Never have I ever been more pissed off at a person.

You do not do what President Obama has done today, folks.

Missed it? Look up the Fort Hood shooting, and Obama's reaction to this horrible massacre. Make sure you get the entire clip. You'll be able to tell. The beginning has laughter and a light-hearted feel while Obama talks about a conference. He gives a shout-out. Seriously. Then, and only then, does he mention, almost as an afterthought, that twelve people who fight for us, including one policeman, have died. Another thirty-one have been wounded.

I'm sorry, but when something like this happens, you do not combine it with your thoughts about a conference that the Department of the Interior had earlier.

Never again do I want to hear about Bush finishing up reading a book to an elementary class on September 11th. He, at least, can respect the loss of lives.

There is no possible way to defend this. These were two separate issues that should have been addressed as such, and Fort Hood definitely should have been first.

At least on September 11th, no one was really sure if they were terrorist attacks in the beginning. There was too much chaos. A shooting, on the otherhand, is pretty obvious.

I am utterly disgusted. This was entirely inappropriate. I want to see someone defend this error. I actually dare them to try.

Update: As of November 6th at 9 a.m. EST there have been thirteen killed and thirty wounded.

1 comment:

  1. kait , i think you know me enough to know, im still hiding, I have to find out now what happened at fort hood. If you could please, in the future post links to the articles you read from so I can get them. I will try to find the video you mentioned so that i can post it on my page. Regarding bush reading to those children, I often asked people that hated him for that, which is better to finish the story and give the children one last nice memory b4 they have their minds screwed up by what happened, because yes he is the president and as such what can he do at that minute? get on a plane and fly over to assess the horrorible sight, of which he has photos on then get in everyones way asking stupid questions?
    Back on barak for a minute, this isnt the first time he has laughed at such events. I forgot what it was about. I just know that he takes his sweet time getting on camera and gives a speach, then the oh heartfelt afterthought..sorry for the loss, there will be an investigation . :(

    ReplyDelete