Sunday, March 28, 2010

Don't Even Get Me Started...

...on the Healthcare Bill. It has taken me a week to even wrap my head around the fact that Congress was ballsy enough to pass it. Of course, I'm pretty sure their approval rating dropped even lower to around a measely 17% of the country. Personally, I would love to knw who these people are that approve of Congress right now. Mostly, so I can beat them upside the head with a 2 by 4 so they are no longer mentally capable of voting. Not that they should be in the first place.

Actually, I want to know who wanted the Bill from Hell (as I shall refer to it from now on) to pass. I want to know the reasoning behind it, and if they've been living UNDER A FREAKING ROCK FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS! Now, I completely agree that something in our healthcare system needed to change, but not like this. Here's how I would have done it.

1. Eliminate the so called "pre-existing condition," unless there was a diagnosis before the person had insurance. This screws more people than I am willing to count.
2. Check to see if hospitals are screwing their patients. No more $300 toothbrushes or $4000 showers. That is just absolutely ridiculous.
3. Don't even touch the abortion issue. I hate abortion, and the thought that funding will be going toward abortions just plain pisses me off. I don't care if it is limited or not.

The problem with Health Insurance, or any insurance really, is that it is the only industry that makes money by denying services.

The biggest issue I have is that this Bill from Hell forces people to buy insurance, I think. We can't really tell because the bill was passed and signed, and now Congress has to iron out all the problems in the damned thing. Idiotic in my opinion. Anyways, I'm pretty sure the government cannot force you to buy something.

So what has been done?

So far, many states have filed lawsuits. Along with this, many have proposed legislation to counteract the BfH, some even suggesting a change of the State Constitution. This created quite a connundrum for the Supreme Court, should a case make it there.

Article VI, Clause 2. Also known as the Supremacy Clause.
This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the contrary notwithstanding.

If the Supreme Court were to reference this and this only, then the BfH will be declared legal and binding, and Pelosi and Reid and the bunch will have the last laugh. However...

Amendment X. Also known as Reserved Powers.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

If the Supreme Court decides in favor of power to the States, then this amendment will be referenced and the Bill will be declared unconstitutional. People will throw ticker tape parades and celebrate in the streets.

So, who on earth will win the final battle? Because the signing of the Bill was definitely not the end of it, believe me.

2 comments:

  1. We should make our voices heard that if they want to pass this crap they should be held to it like we are. Which may be bad for princess Pelosi then her botox injections would no longer be paid for by We The People, and her eyebrows would move for the first time in probably 6 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I would also like to point out that the fixes I have suggested did not take 1200 pages of text, along with several fixes that had to be passed into law two weeks after the original bill.

    ReplyDelete